- Image via Wikipedia
These are mortgages that mean comfort and savings whether your buying, selling, refinancing or remodeling your home. It is easy to use, federally recognized, and can be applied to most home mortgages. EEM’s provide special benefits when purchasing a home that is energy efficient or can be made efficient through the installation of energy saving improvements. With lower utility bills you will have more money in your pocket each month. You can afford to allocate a larger portion of your income to housing expenses. You can pay for the energy improvements easily through your mortgage. Your lender can increase your loan to cover the energy improvement costs. Monthly mortgage payments increase slightly, but you actually save money because your energy bills will be lower.
- Qualify for a larger loan on a better home
- Get a more comfortable home
- Save money every month from day one
- Increase resale value of your home
- Sell your home more quickly
- Make your house affordable to more people
- Attract attention in a competitive market
- Get all the EEM benefits without moving
- Make improvements that save you money
- Increase the potential resale value of your home
Energy efficient homes costs less to own than non-efficient homes. You may want to check out Energy Efficient Mortgages if you are interested in saving money.